I talk a lot about mindset and how important it is. I truly believe that you need to get your mindset under control in order to start living your dreams and to become the best version of you! I understand how easy it can be to get caught up in the whirlwind of negative thinking. My heart has an injury so severe it will never truly heal. It would be easy to let negativity take over. I could write posts daily about how everything sucks and how unfair life is. But the world around us is filled with so much negativity already. Who would that serve? Not me, not you and not my beautiful boys’ memory either. The truth is, even though terrible things happen the world is filled with amazing and totally awesome things too.
Today I wanted to give you three tips to help you improve your mindset so you can find more joy, success and meaning in your life!
1. Gratitude ~ If you’ve been hanging around here a while you know that this is so important to me. I highly recommend keeping a gratitude journal and that you commit to writing in it daily. Write out 3-5 that your grateful for every day. I like to do this in the morning and then in the evening I like to fall asleep thinking about things I’m grateful for. You’ll wake up feeling amazing! When I write it out in the morning I am specific. I don’t write general things like I’m grateful for my family. While I am of course incredibly grateful for my family I like to write about specific things that happened in the days before. Things like I’m grateful for the walk I took with my bestie or I’m grateful that I was able to enjoy the sun while eating my lunch; this way as I go about my day I am always on the lookout for things I’m grateful for. Eventually you get into a mindset of always believing something wonderful is going to happen or that you always have something to be grateful for, hello law of attraction!
Believe me when I say, gratitude can be life-changing. Even when I found myself in my darkest moments of grief and despair I would try to focus on all the amazing experiences Braedon brought into my life. It really helped shift my mind from focusing on all that I lost in his passing to all that I gained from his life; all the amazing experiences. 18 beautiful years I will treasure for life and so many lessons that continue to shape me today.
2. Books, Podcasts & Blogs ~ fill your mind with the right stuff! As mentioned above there is so much negativity in the world if that’s all you focus on it’ll be pretty hard to master your mindset.
3. Move More ~ you may be thinking move more what does that have to do with my mindset? It has everything to do with your mindset. If your continuously, stiff, tired or have no energy it will be pretty hard to get your mindset under control. Exercising & moving your body whether that’s walking, yoga, going to the gym, home videos is crucial component in owning your mindset.
What do you do or what will you do to own your mindset? I would love to hear from you!
Some of my Favorite Podcasts
Some of my Favorite Books
- Any notebook or journal will do
- I recommend writing your gratitude by hand vs typing
- Struggling still? Look up gratitude journal prompts online!
Thanks for stopping by friends.
Blessings & Abundance