Our time is LIMITED.
It’s easy for most people to forget that we don’t get to live forever. We nonchalantly tell ourselves tomorrow, when the time is right, when the kids are older, when life is less crazy or even worse. We tell ourselves SOMEDAY!
Waking up to a world without Braedon reminds me every single day that our time here on this amazing earth is precious and it can come to a halting end at any moment. I don’t say this to scare you or make you live in fear but to give you the push you to truly start living.
Ask yourself, what kind of impact do you want to make?
What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? How do you want to leave this world? Do you want to be the person who went all in on her biggest dreams? The kind of person who showed her family and herself what’s possible when you do the work and keep showing up. The kind of person who shows up even when it’s hard, even when it feels impossible, even when people think your crazy?
Do you want to be the person who went all in on this game of life and truly lived? Someone who fell a thousand times but got back up 1001 times. Someone who failed along the way but also conquered her goals. Someone who had self doubt but spoke even while her voice shook. Someone who was afraid but embraced her brave.
Or do you want to be the person who never believed in herself?
The kind of person who dreamed, wished and hoped for more but did nothing. The kind of person who leaves this world with her biggest visions for her life unfulfilled. The kind of person who was afraid and let that fear win. The kind of who desperately clung on to SOMEDAY until it was too late and there were no more some days to live out the life that could have been.
The choice is yours. You goals don’t have to big, flashy and grand. They just have to be true to you. What do you want for your life? Say it out loud. Write it down. You don’t have to have it all figured out. You just have to take one teeny-tiny step.
5 Steps to Making your Dreams a reality!
- Get crystal clear about what you want. Write it out & review it daily. Tell your friends and your family about it. It’s easy to set a goal and then not think about it for a month, maybe two or even more. I write out my top 10 goals in what I call my future journal. I also write them as if they’ve already happened. For example I don’t write, I will be a best selling author. I write I am a best selling author.
- Feeling overwhelmed? Break it down into bite size chunks. I don’t know anything about publishing a book but I’m working towards that right now. First, I figured out what I would write about. Then I made a list of all the possible chapter ideas. Then I started writing a little bit and a little bit more. After I’m finished writing I have a friend who’s written a book who’s going to read it and give me notes and feedback. After that I’ll figure out the next step. If I were to try to figure out every step upfront I’d likely never write a single word. Just the next step, that’s all you need to figure out.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers! I can tell you right now from experience when you are working towards goals no matter what they are there will be people in your life who won’t believe in you. Not only that, they might even think your goals are stupid or far fetched. That’s ok. As my future bestie Rachel Hollis says, nobody gets to tell you how big your dreams can be! I’ve come to learn and accept that how other people react to your goals is based on their own limiting beliefs! This has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them! It won’t be easy but try your hardest not to let it get to you. If it helps know that I believe in you!
- Expect failures along the way. Omg if old me could see and hear me now! I use to be paralyzed by the thought of failing. I would sooner quit or not try at all. I think it comes from a combination of failing third grade and being abandoned by my father as a child. I’ve discovered that failure is necessary if you want to do anything worth while. I fail on a regular basis now and I welcome it. As long as I’m failing I know that I’m trying, taking action and progressing towards my goals! Fall, fail or whatever you want to call it, dust yourself off and try again!
- Start. Take action again and again and keep taking action until you’ve reached your goal! Most people fail before they start because they wish hope and dream but fail to ever act. Don’t be that girl!!!!!!
Founder, Speaker, Writer, Event Creator! Want to hire Tiffany to speak at your next event. Click here for more information.