Living in the Moment and Mindfulness
So what does it mean to live more in the moment and why the heck does it
matter? Living in the moment can also be referred to as mindfulness. It’s about being intentionally present in what you are doing. In today’s fast paced world where we’re bombarded with messages telling us to hussle it’s hard to focus on the present moment. We’re constantly trying to do more, be more and achieve more. It’s no wonder that we’re all trying to multitask our way through the days, the weeks and well our lives. You can’t see me right now but I’m nodding and throwing my hands up because I’m so guilty of this. I actually have a hard time doing just one thing at a time. Even when relaxing and taking down time I have a hard time doing just one thing.
The reality is that living in the moment, being mindful and intentional actually makes us better humans. We get more done when we work on one thing at a time and we enjoy life more when we’re intentional with what we are doing. Here are just a few of the benefits.
Benefits of living in the moment:
- Better health
- Improved relationships
- Better self control
- Increased happiness
- More relaxed
- Less stress
So you know the benefits now how can you be more mindful? Try these tips out and you will reap the rewards.
How to be More in the Moment:
- Don’t just dream about the future, do the work.
- Yes set goals but make sure you’re doing the work to achieve them too. So many people get caught up in just dreaming about the future but they don’t actually take action.
- Conquer your addictions.
- Addictions hold you prisoner & take away your ability to be in the present moment. Ex someone addicted to drugs will constantly be thinking about how and when they’ll get their next fix.
- Focus on gratitude.
- Practicing gratitude helps us by reminding us what we have to be grateful for in our current state.
- Adopt a meditation practice.
- Many people live much of their lives in auto pilot. Ex when you’re suddenly pulling into your driveway and you don’t remember the drive home. Meditation teaches us to keeps pulling us make to the present
- Deep belly breathing (in through your nose and out of nose)
Want to embrace you brave this year? Ready to be inspired, motivated and empowered? Get your tickets to Embrace your BRAVE Live!!! Join us in Saint John on April for our very first live speaker event!!